Thursday, December 24, 2009

homesick

Man, I am missing Canberra this week. Which is weird because last year at this time, I was in Alameda. Go figure.

I miss the house on Lindsay street, the bright sunshine, the cockatoos screaming in the morning, even the koel at 4 in the morning! I miss being loved by the people around me for who I am. It's just a nicer world down under.

I really miss Australia, and I'm really questioning my returning this week. It may just be a bit if "the grass is greener" thing going on, combined with regular holiday emotions. But it can't be normal to cry on the drive into work every day.

I'm really counting on the tri club I'm joining in January to help shake these blues. Running on my own just isn't doing it.

2 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always suffer from the 'grass is greener' disease. If only I had a bigger kitchen, lived in a house, la dee da. At least we admit it.

If I may be so bold, I'd like to put in a blog request. I would love to hear more about your marathon training. If only to cheer you on from afar and to live vicariously through you.

Happy holidays! Sara

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

The grass is always greener on the other side...and when you get to that side, it's greener on the other...it's always the OTHER side! Very frustrating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home