Thursday, January 25, 2007

a new day

I ended up riding my bike home last night. I swear it took me almost and hour, when normally it takes me 35 minutes.

I got home a 6, took a shower and crawled into bed. I slept until 9, got up for 40 mins, and went back to sleep until 7 this morning.

I'd like to say that I feel refreshed this morning after more than 12 hours in bed. I'm not sure I do.

I'm going to leave work early today - get some shopping done for my camping trip this weekend, take a nap, and go to the Australia Day Live concert that is on tonight, just up the street from me. http://www.australiadaylive.gov.au/

I'm pretty excited for the concert and doing some good people watching of Aussies celebrating their version of 4th of July, sort of. Australia Day celebrates the landing of the First Fleet, the first ship that brought Englishmen to Oz. There is political-ness associated with Australia Day, from the indigenous peoples, since the landing of the First Fleet marks an irrevocable change for them. Interesting that indigenous people the world over have the same reaction to 'white' settlers. Universally not good. Anyway - that's a topic for another post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home