Monday, December 22, 2008

It's winter!

Went for a ride this morning and wore all my winter clothes that I didn't wear in Cnaberra... and it's some good stuff, kept me warm and dry! And guess what... I wore my cleats and didn't fall off, didn't dislocate anything!

I'm home now and it's pretty good... nice to have homemade french toast and waffles the last 2 mornings!! And nice to have central heating in the house. And nice to see Maggie and Jed!

I won't go into too much deail... but I spent 2.5 hours at the San Francisco airport waiting for my mom on Friday after I landed... she had a hair appt that couldn't be moved. No comment. Since I'd been anticipating being picked up my head wasn't in the space to figure out how to deal with the situation, so after 4 credit card calls on the pay phone to my sister's cell (mom wasn't answering hers...) I completely lost it because Westpac turned off my credit card and it turns out that my back up credit card (US) had expired last week. Good times for the Katie-miester with 5 bags of luggage and no real way to get in contact with anyone or get cash to feed herslef... so I ate the food I brought home for my family. Finally mom showed up and it's over now.

Harumph.

3 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parentals. Any way...Welcome back! At least you didn't lose all the hours you gained traveling east. Bummer about the food part too. Whenever I'm at SFO, I always have a sourdough turkey sandwich. I probably would have turned to busking to earn money for that sandwich. Enjoy your time in the States. And your holidays! Muchos love.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger kate said...

Nice work with the cleats, you rock! Miss you dude x k

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Frances said...

But how did your mum's hair look?

Love your work with cleats. We'll have the Southside bunch rides waiting for you when you get back.

Can't wait for you to come back. Been way too quiet without you!

Frances

 

Post a Comment

<< Home