Sunday, May 31, 2009

This afternoon I sealed my 11th box shut. All my STUFF will be picked up on Tuesday morning, packed on a palette, and put on a ship from Sydney to San Francisco - arriving in the middle of July sometime.

I'm sitting here looking at the boxes (oh, so can you!) and thinking about the next time I see them and open the boxes I'll be not here. Profound. I know. What's crazier is that I moved here with just the three suitcases you see in the picture. That would be the least amount of stuff I've ever possessed (never mind the house and stuff in storage in Atlanta and at my mom's house, and at other people's houses n Atlanta...) and when I moved into my last place here I had 5 car loads of stuff. And a car! And now I'm back to this amount of stuff. Not quite fighting weight - but pretty damn close. And not bad for 3 years of living.




Anyhoo... it's weird to have everything packed up. I move into my friend Frances' house this week and then I'm on the countdown... 4 weeks till work finishes, then some holiday, and then I leave.

At this exact moment I"m okay with it all. But in the next moment I'll be very sad. It's a roller coaster for sure. Especially cause things are feeling very settled at the moment; my life seems to have decided to work itself out right before I leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home