Sunday, November 05, 2006

A good weekend

This was a very good weekend! My frined Linda is in town from Atlanta. She and her husband were here on Friday... he headed home to the US on Saturday morning (he'd been here for 3 weeks - including a motorcycle tour of the South Island of New Zealand). After we dropped Andy off at the airport, Linda and I did some shopping around town and I got a bike! It's very exciting to have some freedom - I can't wait to explore Canberra on bike and to start commuting to work. It'll be about a 20 minute bike ride, on nice bike paths. Canberra is such a great combination of country town and just enough city to be perfect. I'm loving it.

This is me with my new bike on Lake Burley-Griffin. After we bought the bike, Linda rented a bike and we went for a test ride around the lake.




Then today, Linda and I went for a hike in Namadgi National Park, shich is about 1 hour south of Canberra. It was so gorgeous. It reminded me a lot of Yosemite and Sequoia National Park in California. The climate here is very similar to CA actually. Here's Linda and me at the Booroomba Rocks.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home