Thursday, December 14, 2006

Does your iPOD define you?

I've been musing about iPODS lately and the personal nature of the music on them.

A friend of mine recently asked for all of her friend's playlists and as I've read through everyone else's I've been hesitant to put a version of a Katie playlist out in the public.

On my road trip to Margaret River last week, my iPOD became the sole source of music and as my 4500 songs were browsed through, I felt my hackles going up... There it was - the most personal refletion of my life, up for viewing. As I listened to the exclamations, "I can't believe ou have THIS song!", " I haven't heard this in YEARS!", I realized that as personal as the music is to me, it's really only one piece of me.

I freely admit that I have music most of the people I know wouldn't listen to, but when I put my iPOD on shuffle it makes me happy. And I rarely have to skip a song, because it's all good to me. It may be the broadest spectrum of music out there, but it's all mine.

And that's what really matters, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home