Friday, March 16, 2007

gradually, then suddenly

I watched Prozac Nation tonight. I know. Fun Friday night for Katie. (Don't worry - I've rented the Mandy Moore classic, 'Chasing Liberty' as a chaser).

I actually really liked Prozac Nation. I'm glad I didn't watch it while I was in Atlanta though. Would have hit too close to home. I've been havng thoughts lately about how damn lucky I am to have this opportunity. To have been able to COMPLETELY change my life and shake things up. I'm glad I decided to do this. And by 'this' I mean move to OZ, not rent PN.

In the movie the pills give Lizzie 'room to breathe'. And in a sense, that what this move has been for me. Natural prozac. That takes a while to get going in my bloodstream.

What in life doesn't happen gradually, then suddenly? I know that when I moved to Atlanta I hated it. But then one day I didn't. One day I realized I could transform my relationships with people in CA into something else that was just as valuable as being around each other. And the same thing here. I can't say that I've hated it, but it has been tough. But, suddenly, it's not so bad. And the people I've left behind in Atlanta haven'tforgotten me because I'm not there.

I have no idea where this post is going.

"gradually, then suddenly"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home