Sunday, November 25, 2007

I am Exhausted!!!!

But pretty stoked!

I had my first triathlon this morning, and now, at 9pm, am starting to feel somewhat normal again. I can't remember the last time I was that tired!

It was really fun, super challenging, and hard. It was great to do the race with all the people I've been training with over the last 7 weeks and some friends from soccer came too, which was awesome. I may not have been very coherent at the finish line, but I was very glad to have people there cheering me on!

So, my thoughts??? It's definitely a challenge to change from one thing to another. The swim wasn't as horrendous as I anticipate (it's been keeping me up at night!!). I went into the lake for an acclimatization swim befoer the race, which was the best idea. I still had to do half of the 200 meters in breaststroke - my freestyle just isn't quite there yet. SOmething to work on! The first transition went well - I have elastic laces on my runners which makes it easier to switch. And, since the swim wasnt' too long, there wasn't a lot of dizzy head and wobbliness as I put on my shoes. The bike was pretty good - there was a killer hill in the back of the loop, and it was a loop we did 2X. But I was glad to have the road bike and felt okay with the ride. The transition to the run was okay, just take off the helmet, but holy crap is it a painful thing! It as a 2K run after the ride, which was about 9K, and I only felt sort of normal towards the end of the run. I had toes that were asleep, quads that felt like concrete, and my feet just wouldn't stop shuffling! But my finess was okay - it as definitely hard, but I just need some more practice.

I had anticipated doing the race in about 40 minutes, and I did it in 38:44. Pretty good prediction for not really knowing what I was getting into!!!

I'm definitely hooked (although I AM taking a rest day tomorrow!!) and am looking forward to the training for the next race which is on 13 Jan.

All the Bilbys got together at All Bar Nun for a few drinks (and FOOD!) after the race, it was super fun to rehash the race with everyone and just hang out. It's a very cool group of people.

4 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm so happy for you. That is a great time. Iron Man 2009 here you come!

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger saramoon said...

You are a machine Katie. Congrats!

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are awesome! Congrats on finished your first triathalon...

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Incredible!! You are my hero! Congrats on being awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home