Sunday, November 04, 2007

Family changes

So, you all know that my sister got married a couple months ago. So I've got a new brother. Now, my brother has gotten married too! So now I have a new sister too! I know those are sort of old concepts of marriage, with the gaining of new 'siblings' but I like the idea of my family now including more people!!

And, in non-human family news, my mom's 2 oldest cats, both of whom were nearing 17 or 18, have passed away in the last month. I got the chance to say goodbye to Eliot when I was home in August - she really wasn't looking too good, but, like a lady, waited till after Maggie got married to let go. I didn't say goodbye to Yeats because she seemed fine. A bit fiesty :) but that was just her. Maybe, once Eliot was gone, she just decided to go to. We had adopted them together years ago, and even though they never outwardly were enamored of each other, they must have ahad a good bond. Now mom just has Ichabod, the big dorky male kitty, who is such a sweetie. Ichabod was adopted by Maggie in college and has been with Mom for a few years. I'll bet he's lonely now!!

Eliot:




Yeats:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home