Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm tired!! And HUNGRY.

I'm entering my 4th week of triathlon training, and have hit a wall. I'm flipping exhausted.

Last night I did the 'extra-short' option at track training, I just had nothing left to do anything more. Thankfully today is a break, and tomorrow is swimming. And, even though swimming is hard work, it's a different type of hard work from running and cycling, and one I feel like I can do. I've contemplated skipping a session or two, but I just can't do it. :)

So, in the last 4 weeks I've had track training (interval running) every Tuesday, swimming every Thursday, 2 hours of cycle every Saturday, and an 8-10K run every Sunday. Plus 2 soccer games on the weekend. Plus an occasional ride to work (13K). I knew I was exhausted to the core when my ride to work on Monday morning took me 45 minutes. I can't even fathom getting on the bike before this Saturday, and in fact, one of my friends is driving me and my bike home from work tonight. Thank god!

My biggest issue is food!! I am obviously working out much more than I have recently, and initially I felt like I was eating enough good stuff and was feeling good. But now I have to think about food and make sure I have snacks with me... it reminds me of college, when I was rowing, and I had to eat so much, all the time. I used to hate having to think about it and having to plan ahead. I really wanted there to be a pill or something I could take once and have enough energy for the day! Not appetizing, because I do love my food, but I do hate having to think about it. Seriously, I feel like I've got no idea what to eat. Any suggestions???? Particularly in the dinner arena - my standby of chicken and rice is getting old. Snack food ideas would be most welcome too!!

I bought a team trisuit last night - sort of like the unisuits we rowed in at UCSD, but with a little chamois in the butt for the cycling bit.

Countdown to first race: 25 days.

2 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you're getting super buff!

Sounds like you need fiber and protein. (Mind you, I'm not a nutritionist and could be completely wrong.)

Meat (i.e., turkey, tuna, etc) & veggies stuffed in a whole grain wrap sounds good. Probably b/c I just had one for lunch. (Mine also had brown rice and a bit of melted cheese in it.)

Snacks I like when I'm bootcamping: peanut butter & apple slices, plain microwave popcorn, skim milk & high fiber cereal, protein smoothie with skim milk & frozen berries, cheese & crackers, vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit, and sometimes ice cream.

Can't wait to see pics of the buff you.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Thanks for that Sara! I'm totally having peanut butter and apples today! I just need some raisins and it'll sort of be like 'ants on a log', which I loved as a kid. Really anything with peanut butter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home