Monday, January 29, 2007

For cripe's sake!

In the 5 minutes that have passed from the last post, 20 more ants came in.

It's like they know they other ones are missing and they've sent out a search party. Which I guess means I should just let them alone to find out there's nothing to eat anymore and they can go back and say, "Hey, let's go to some other house." But I have no faith. I want them gone now.

I have this image of me, sitting by my kitchen door all night with the vacuum at the ready, just waiting for the damn ants to crawl in. I have to vacuum them. They walk through Windex like its air. Now I've cleaned the whole area where the sugar was (this is three times now) and this time I left the soap all over the counter and the doorstop and along the trail they were using. That should deter them, right?

I will not let the ants take over my life.

Maybe I'll just turn the light in the kitchen off now and deal with this in the morning.

1 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Huong said...

We have ants here too! We used to see them every morning a gazillion of them, now we are careful to put stuff away, but still, those ants drive me crazy. And just when you think you got them undercontrol, they come back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home