Monday, January 08, 2007

Peachtree 10K photo

I just came across an old email from a friend with a link to this picture of me running the 2006 Peachtree Road Race this past July. I forgot how short my hair was!

Oh to be able to run again.

My knee is getting slowly better - I'm sure if I wanted to pay the physio a lot more money it would be getting better a lot faster, but I'm just not at that point yet.

I haven't tried running in a couple of months - I was told I couldn't run until I could jump without pain. Almost there, but not quite.

So, since I'm not running anymore (or playing soccer) I've been riding. I ride my bike to work every day, about 40 mins each way, and this weekend I rode around the far end of Lake Burley Griffin, it took me just about 2 hours. I also want to start swimming, but I can't seem to get myself down to the pool near work to check it out. Maybe it's because I haven't swam laps since 1992 for the Hornets. I think I'm a bit intimidated to try lap swimming again. But, hey, everything else I'm doing over here is out of the norm for me, different, weird, a little intimidating... why should this be a stumbling block?

1 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger The Redhead said...

I can't believe you look hot! Photos of me running look like I'm about to die.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home