Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Dumdedumdedum

So, life in Canberra moves along. Not too much is happening over here.

Since it's Easter this weekend, we have a 4 day holiday and I'm headed to Thredbo with my housemate and a few of her friends. Thredbo is a ski resort south of Canberra that opens to mountain bikes and hiking in summer/autumn. Since I haven't taken my bike off road yet, I'm excited to see how it goes. I think I'll really like it. Jen and I are also planning a walk up Mount Kosciuszko onr of the days. I've been told it's relatively straightforward, and I'm hoping that's true, as I've done no 'preparation' for the walk/hike. I'll let you know how it goes.

Soccer on Saturdays is going really well - I've been 3 times now and really like the group. It's a group of people that I've met through my co-worker Jenny - they've been playing together for the last 5 years or so - just in their own league, casual-style. I really like playing with them, sometimes it's 6 on 6, last weekend it was 4 on 4 (on a smaller field). I feel like I actually have some skills out there!

On Monday after work I assisted my co-worker GF in coaching under-12 girls. It was the first training session o fthe season and there were about 15 under-12s and about 7 under-14s (who don't have a coach yet). I've agreed to assist GF when I can through this season. I had such a blast. It's really fun to be around kids that age - even if they do talk the WHOLE time! Once they found out I was from America, they had lots of questions. "What does America look like?" "Why are you here?" And my personal favorite, "Do you know Hilary Duff?"

'Cause in America we all know each other.

1 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? And I was hoping you'd be great friends with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman by now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home