Sunday, August 05, 2007

A face made for radio...

I was on the radio this morning.



My friend hosts a science show on 2XX, Canberra's community radio, called Fuzzy Logic (love the name, huh?). He interviewed me about epidemiology - what it is, how I got into it, what to study if you want to do it.

I really enjoyed the interview, despite having to clear my voice while talking (usually I can talk just fine for hours!!) - I think having a microphone in your face makes your voice run away. Hopefully it doesn't sound too bad.

I think there were 8 people listening, and that includes the 4 people in the studio with us and 3 members of the soccer team. But it was still a bit nerve-wracking!! He recorded the show and it should be on the 2XX website soon. I'll post a link when it's posted, so you can all share in the glory of my voice amplified over the airwaves.