Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The blues are here again..............

Last night I realized why Christmas is supposed to happen in the winter, rather than the summer. Summer is enough of an event on its own - you don't need holidays to get you through the summer - you're too busy doing all sorts of other stuff - camping, BBQs, just being outside. However, in the wintertime - you NEED a holiday like Christmas (and Thanksgiving) to get you through. Food does wonders for the soul when it's cold and wintry. Not so much when it's sunny for 12 hours a day and the days are jam-packed.

And that's one of the main reasons I could never live permanently down here.

I've been missing Atlanta this week, and my family. I've started sending Christmas presents and maybe all the wrapping and packaging is making me a bit blue?

If you are around loved ones, give them an extra hug for me, since I can't do it myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home