Friday, September 19, 2008

Feeling Settled

I wonder if 2 years was the magic moment.

I've been feeling settled the last couple of weeks. It also helps that winter seems to be over and there is more sunshine in our days - always guaranteed to make me feel perky. And I got a new haircut that I'm loving, which also helps (pictures soon).

But I do feel like there has been a shift in me - my job seems to fit me now and I have more days where I feel on top of things. I'm grateful for the great friends I've made over the last 2 years that make Canberra feel like home.

I was lucky enough to catch up with some Atlanta friends in the UK a few weeks back and it was so wonderful to see them. It was like no time had passed. And despite my feeling homesick for my Atlanta people - I know they'll always be there for me (even if they aren't necessarily in Atlanta) and that real friendships stand the test of distance.

I'm happy and feeling a little sentimental.

2 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

That's right, the real friendships will withstand the distance! Even if we who consider oursleves among your real friends aren't so great at keeping in touch ;-)

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed! Funny you should mention this because I've recently been feeling a little unsettled. I need to reconnect with my city and friends. Can't wait to see the new haircut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home