Friday, April 20, 2007

Free donut Friday

Now, I don't know if that's the official name of today, but it was for me!


I spent 2 hours at the local medical center this morning, waiting to get a referral to a dermatologist... seriously - my skin thinks it's 1990 or something like that. After my 2 hours witht masses (it is SO depressing in walk-in clinics like that, but every GP I've called isn't "taking new patients at the current time, call back in 6 months" Right. Luckily, I can go to the walk-in clinic and be seen, but I have to queue (!) up with everyone else.


Anyway, after waiting and getting my referral I walked back to work, right by the local Krispy Kreme. Yep, there's a Krispy Kreme in Canberra. (It really is Atlanta's sister city!)



I decided to treat myself (food has nothing to do with skin, right?). I asked for 1 glazed donut and received a hot one, free of cost! WIthout even asking, and without any flirting. (Well, it was an older woman so I'm not sure flirting would have done any good anyways). What a deal!


It definitely put a smile on my face, and hey, I've heard that free food is calorie-free too. Right?

2 Comments:

At 3:22 AM, Blogger jmn said...

Katie and her food....you crack me up. Scott and I were discussing donuts this morning. I told him "no, no....you are scheduled to run the P'tree in a few months." The key word is scheduled. Neither of us has exercised since Dec....life is really busy. Miss you!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Katie said...

The Peachtree! Too bad I can't be in town for that - it's such a great excuse to eat!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home