Sunday, April 15, 2007

Yellow Cheese!!!!!

On Friday I had a crap day at work. I apparently have hay-fever now, but thought it was a cold on friday, so I went home early. I'd sat at my desk for 2 hours trying to figure out how to analyze outbreak data. I couldn't do it, so I bailed on the day. I was in a pretty crappy mood and decided I wanted tacos. I knew they wouldn't be tacos like I REALLY wanted them. With no Herdez in sight, it's just not a taco.

But, I needed my fix. So I stopped at the store to get cheese and lettuce and shells. Now, I've complained about Aussie cheese before - it's just not the cheddar I'm used to, in taste or color. I don't care if the color is added - cheddar is bright yellow in my book. (Not the fancy cheddars, but regular, run-of-the-mill cheddar for things like quesadillas and tacos, is yellow.) That's just one of the truths of my life.

So, I'm persuing the cheese aisle, in vain. BUT. Then I saw a small package of "Red Russet Cheddar" that appeared to be the correct color.

I can't even tell you how much that lifted my mood on Friday. It's the small things, I tell ya.

See! Yellow cheese!



Now I just need my Herdez! I actually dreamt about it the other night. I think I need an intervention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home