Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

I know it sounds crazy, but I wish I was doing the Peachtree tomorrow! It would have been my 6th year doing it. And I'd love to be getting ready for a BBQ in my own backyard with my dear friends, and then I'd love (I know - it sounds crazy!) to fight the hoardes of people to be at the Braves game... and the chili cheese fries! And the fireworks! Which we missed out on last year.

Which reminds me. I started this blog around 4th of July last year. If you look in the archives there are pics form that Braves game - 5 drowned rats after the game!!

Man. I can't believe this has been up for a year. And that I've been living in Australia (!) since last September.

Anyway.... I baked a cake tonight for afternoon tea tomorrow - a little bit of red, white, and blue patriotism in the Aussie government offices... I'm even going to play my co-workers the Stan Freberg bit on Betsy Ross and the flag. I think Washington would have been even more horrified with this version of the flag... "Uneven stripes, and gold stars? Heh. Are we having a little bit of fun at the country's expense?" For the record, there may be 4 of you out there that get that - that's okay by me. :)



Hope y'all have a great Fourth! Have a beer, hot dog, and some chips for me.

2 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

I get it, I get it!

Happy 4th of July big sis!!

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Yay!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home