Friday, August 10, 2007

Love the red meat!

Ever have those days when you just crave red meat? Like a really nicely prepared steak? Or a burger? (preferably from In-N-Out...yummm... can't wait for an In-N-Out burger... 8 days and counting till I'm in CA...okay... getting distracted...) Two nights ago I had a steak, fries and asparagus. I had twice as many fries as aspargus, and the whole steak that I specifically bought larger for the leftover factor. Oh well. I figure the body knows what it wants. There really isn't any food that I crave like I crave red meat.

And, I'm not ashamed to admit that I love a good steak!

3 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger handinhandaus said...

Hi Katie,
It's my first time posting, I came across your blog on a random next blog search (a very dangerous thing to do, too many times you land places you REALLY don't want to be). Your observations of our great country were so refreshing to read, it's great to read it through new eyes and I have popped back a few times.

I am in Tasmania, so I understand about the cold you have in Canberra. Although from visiting Canberra a couple of times, the mornings of a winter there are bone chilling! So so cold.

I have to tell you, you do make American food seem so scrumptious!!! It feels like we are missing out on many culinary sensations.

I do feel for you and how lonely it must be to be so far away from everyone. Hope it's ok I posted. :)

 
At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum. A lean, clean steak (no mushrooms, onions or other such muck) and a glass of red wine. Then some chocolate cake for dessert. I'll even admit that I like my steak a bit on the pink side (shame, I know).

All praise the mighty cow.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hi t!
I'm glad you did post, you're most welome to!

Thanks for your support!
K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home