Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I feel like flying

Man, if ever there was a day I wished to be a bird, this is it. I want to fly around the stratosphere exclaiming to everyone!

So, why so happy today? It's a good set of things I tell you. As I'm listening to my favorite album of the moment (Enjoy the Ride, byt Sugarland) and each song is bringing good tears to my eyes, you may have some glimpse into my mood... sentimental and happy.

In no particular order:
(well, okay, the first listed has a lot to do with my mood right now, but they are all feeding my buzz at the moment)
*I had dinner with a guy from training on Monday night and it was so easy and comfortable and fun and exciting. Yay!

*Training is going really well and I have so much energy. Each session is really hard and I'm exhausted after each one, but that's part of the buzz.

*The people I have in my life in Canberra right now really rock my world. My friends through Bilbys are some of the most dynamic and amazing people I've met here. And they like me for me - as dorky, enthusiastic, cheesy, and silly as I am - they get me. And there's nothing like feeling like people get you.

*Even though I'm physically farther from my immediate family than I've ever been, I'm closer to each of them now than I ever have been before

*Work is going pretty well right now and I'm riding a wave of motivation and productivity, which is good.

*So many of my friends (here and in the US) have such good things happening for them right now - babies being born and babies growing up, weddings, new houses, fulfillment of dreams and long fought after goals - that it just makes me smile

*I'm taking next week off work to go to Thredbo for a week for Bilbys training camp. Thredbo is a ski resort about 2 hours south of Canberra and it's supposed to be beautiful in the summertime. And it's a week of training and relaxing. Sounds perfect to me.

*In February I'm doing the Overland Track in Tasmania with a friend and her husband. This is a 65ish km walk done over 5 days from Cradle Mountain to Lake St. Clair in Tassie. I've heard it's beautiful and I've never done anything like it before so I'm really looking forward to that.

I do have to say, though, there is not a day that goes by when I don't think about my impending DECISION. Do I stay or do I go?

I know, can you even believe that I'm considering staying here? I don't feel like I can make a decision right now, partly because a lot depends on the job situation back in Atlanta, which I haven't broached yet. I can extend my job here which is a comfort, but I just don't know.

All I know is that with each day that goes by lately I feel more and more like the ME I'm supposed to be (and that I want to be) and that's just addictive.

"It's my life so it's mine to make. I ain't settlin'.
I've had enough so-so for the rest of my life.
Tired of shooting too low, so raise the bar high.
I ain't settlin' for anything less than everything."
(from the song Settlin', by Sugarland)

1 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Katie! Sounds like yours is off to a great start. That makes me smile. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home