Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Long Weekend!

Yesterday was Labour Day (ie, a public holiday!) so, for the long weekend, I went down to Merimbula ("Magical Merimbula, the capital of the Sapphire Coast"), which is about 3 hours away on the south coast. It's such a gorgeous drive from here to the coast. I stayed at a B&B on Merimbula Lake and had no plans. I ate good food and finished season 3 of Spooks on DVD (it was grey - as long weekends on the coast have a tendency to be!) I did do some exploring - went off-road to the southern most tip of NSW to see the Green Cape lighthouse, took a nap on Merimbula Beach, had fish and chips, was pampered with homemade breakfast in the guesthouse each morning, and I finally saw a live wombat. Wally the wombat is a resident at Robyn's Nest (the B&B I was at) and he was so freaking cute. I realize the video is super shaky, but I was pretty excited!!! An example of the country between Canberra and the coast: Disaster Bay: Green Cape lighthouse. In operation from 1883 to 1996. A little lizard! Merimbula Beach The guesthouse at Robyn's Nest

2 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Donde esta la video?

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Katie said...

I know! I'm having trouble with uploading the video. It's on google video, but I can't figure out how to post on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home