Thursday, October 16, 2008

Musings

This morning I got to use a fresh towel. Not in itself a unique experience, but the smell of a towel dried in the sunshine and the stiffness associated with it always takes me back to poolside in Tucson at my grandparents' pool on summer vacation (I almost said holiday! - this aussie english is creeping in I tell you!) When I first moved here and did not have a drier I didn't really like sun-dried towels. Now I do.

Do some people just not see the dirty? Or smell the smell? Not a characteristic I like in a flatmate, as it turns out.

I love that I can see kangaroos in my daily life! Last night I was driving back from a soccer game (where I scored the winning goal in the last 15 seconds, thank you very much!) down in Tuggeranong valley and on the drive home I pass a lot of open fields (the bush is right here in Canberra!) and there were heaps of kangaroos isnce it was dusk. So cool!!!

How many musings does it take to have a quorum of musings? Is there such a thing?

5 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

Pardon me while I try to actually answer your rhetorical question. I think 4. Since the human brain can only hold 7 items in its short-term memory (there is controversy on that topic - some say 9, some say 5 or even less, and it depends on the type of thing...so let's just call it seven) (and also, talking about memory always reminds me of the Sesame Street bit, "a loaf of bread, a stick of butter"), and "a quorum of musings" would mean your brain is being governed by those musings, then the minimum would have to be 4 (a majority of 7). Right? I think that makes perfect sense and is not at all silly. So I'm going to have to ask for one more musing before I can legally rule it a quorum.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

You know, I will have to retract my call for one more musing. Your rhetorical question was the fourth one you needed! Perfect score! I hereby call a quorum of musings, and so the Parliamentary Session of Antipodal Musings now underway in the Houses of Katie's Brain can now be called a legal ruling body, which means any conclusions reached by said musings will be legally binding. So please, be careful out there.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! The House of Katie's Brain IS a dangerous place sometimes!

 
At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muse on Wayne...Muse on Garth!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Party On!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home