Saturday, February 06, 2010

"Black Fingernails, Red Wine"

This song is by Eskimo Joe, a group from Perth. Hearing it this afternoon took me from my desk in Atlanta up to Cairns, Queensland, over St. Patrick's Day weekend 2007. (Nice that I can take these little trips to Oz whenever I need to!) I was up there for the weekend visiting a dive instructor/triathlete I'd met over Christmas. This song was playing in the car while we drove to a clinic to pick up x-rays from his broken foot (broken while sky diving). Can anyone say adrenaline junkie? I wised up soon enough and ran!

The only good thing about that weekend was meeting a couple from North Carolina that were on their honeymoon. I think I actually spent more time with them that weekend than with the guy. Typical.

3 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

That song is the parking lot of the Taupo Hot Springs for me! And also driving from Adelaide to Melbourne a week later. And also many Friday nights after that seeing the video on Megahertz. And also many times at work listening to the Triple J CD my cool sister sent me.

But mostly the De Bretts parking lot. That was the first time I heard it, and I was like, "Hmmm, maybe?" but then listening to it a ton and the associations with it, now I'm like, "Yes indeed!"

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Maggie said...

It's possible that all those times we were listening to the CD you gave me - cos you must have given it to me for my birthday that year, and then we took it on our honeymoon.

So you're responsible for all that. :)

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Katie said...

You're welcome. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home