Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sing out Loud...Sing out Strong

I really miss singing in my truck, or BFG, as I sometimes called it. BFG. Big Friendly Giant. Or, if the gas prices had gone up recently, the Big Fu&^%ng Giant.

The windows down, the sun shining, the volume turned up, me at the top of my lungs and dancing in my seat. Until I'm stopped at a red light of course. Then I'm just sitting there, calmly.

Singing out loud in the car is such a stress-reliever. And I could be whoever I wanted. No one was watching as I sang along to Ludacris or OutKast or Kelly Clarkson or Sugarland.

The BFG was my domain and I could be whoever I wanted to be when the volume was turned up.

Singing out loud on the bus is generally frowned upon, although I guess I could give it a go. And be that person.

And I've tried singing out loud on my bike - I get all out of breath and distracted - it's not really conducive to keeping one's balance since I can't sing without moving a bit too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home