Thursday, August 16, 2007

Why can't I just aparate?????

Why did I think traveling interstate 48 hours before I leave for a month was a good idea?

Just got back from a work meeting in Adelaide and thank god I flew down last night. I can't imagine if I'd flown there this morning and then back tonight. Sheesh. I don't know that I'm cut out to be a jet-setter. Not if I'm expected to actively participate in work meetings all day. It seriously gets in the way of my procrastination time.

And I'm beginning to realize that I'm laboring under the illusion that when I get on the bus to Sydney on Saturday morning, I'm fully expecting to arrive in LA about 4 hours later. But no. I go to Auckland. Then LA. (For mexican food with S!!!) Then to Oakland.

Then to wedding FUN!

Just for fun (?) I'm going to hit the start button on my running watch when I get on the bus in Canberra and not hit stop till I walk into my mom's house in Alameda. Cause that'll be a fun number to look at.

(For the record, I know I'm not the first person to travel around the world like this. And I know I'm just whinging. But you can just live with it, okay?)

1 Comments:

At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you mean "apa rate"- like the australian's do (a one-off establishment grant of 5,000)- or do you mean more in the Harry potter sense (apparate) If that is the case, the I hope you don't splinch yourself!
Of course, it could be that you mean this in the star trek sense of the word... but then you would have said " why can't I just beam myself up"

anyway, hope you are having a wonderful time back home(s) You look really happy! Give a call if you have the time.

Hearts,
Jeffrey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home