Wednesday, January 16, 2008

An idle brain...

So, I've been on holiday this week and I've spent the first 3 days in Canberra. I've done all the normal traiing that I normally do, but other than that I'm just hanging out. I spent Monday at home reading, watching movies, doing laundry - typical weekend day, but on a Monday. It feels even better knowing that, doesn't it? On Tuesday I went to the National Museum of Australia. One of my friends works there, and we had coffee while she told me about a telescope from the 1700s that sailed with Captain Cook on the Endeavour that she's working on for an exhibition n October. The telescpoe is in pieces in a box and is her job to figure out how to put it all back together, refurbish it appropriately, and display it. How cool is that? Today, I hung out around the house again. I had lunch with a friend who's looking for a new place to live - as am I... I have to move by the 5th of Feb, so I'll start that process when Im back from the rest of my holiday. [If you're thinking of mailing me anything in the next week or so - hold off and email me for my new address. I know you all have something waiting to be posted to me! :)]

Tonight I'm driving up to Thredbo with another friend for the end of a Bilby's training camp. I'm pretty stoked to spend 4 nights in the mountains just working out and eating. (Sounds perfect, huh?)

HOWEVER, in between all my lounging around and training, I've been secretly (or not so secretly) playing texting games and mind games with the boy from point one in my last post. And, each time I say I'm not going to text him back, he texts again. Seriously - the male species has some innate knowledge of when we've finally decided to let them go, and they weasel right back again. It is so frustrating. The most frustrating bit to me in the last week with this guy has been the establishment of hope and the oh so quick extinguishing of hope in the next instant. Thinking back, I can see that he's actually done nothing to establish the illusion of hope, just the bare minimum for me to interpret and justify and explain and make i into what we want. But I am a girl, it's impossible for us not to think that way. I just hate having to learn this AGAIN.

So, I was browsing the web this afternoon while not wanting to apear as though I'm waiting for the next text, and decided to do some online reading of 'He's Just Not That Into You", which is what another friend told me was his problem over dinner last night. And you know what, it's so true. She's so right, the book is so right, and it's so true. It makes me laugh.

This was my favorite bit - after all the stories and explanations, there is an exercise:

"Grab a pen and list five reasons why you think you have every right or good reason to call him.

Put the book aside and wait an hour. Or at least ten minutes. Then ask yourself: Do I seem pathetic? Do I sound like someone who doesn't trust my own innate hotness? Yes,you do! Now put your dialing finger away, get out of the house, and go find some fun.

P.S.: You just did a workbook exercise about a guy who hasn't even extended to you the energy of a phone call. Why would you want to chase that down?"

That's the part tha made me laugh out loud. Because over the last 5 days I've just sent texts or made phone calls with only the minimum appearance of thinking it through. Partly because I knew that if I thought it through, or waited a day, I wouldn't go through with it and then I'd 'lose my chance' to get him.

WHATEVER.

It's true - if he had wanted to see me, he'd have figured out a way to do it. He's not calling because he's not into me.

And to be honest, that's the bit that sucks. (Obviously!). Since I met him through training and my 'new' life, and I was totally me with him, and there was no alcohol involved (!), I sort of thought that would make a difference. And I know it will, apparently he's not the guy though. (Too bad, cause he was really hot!) [Not that he was an object to me.... now, maybe that was the problem!?!]

Ah well. As my friend last night said - "Onwards & Upwards!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home