Wednesday, November 12, 2008

And I thought Christmas came early in the States!

I was in the mall last week and guess who's coming to town this Saturday?


At least in the States there's Thanksgiving to give some sort of a limit to commercial Christmas exposure!

Unrelated... I got to watch the election returns coverage from a party hosted by the US Embassy at the National Press Club. I got to take the afternoon off work and have mini hotdogs, mini hamburgers, and red/white/blue m&ms and jelly beans. Yummy. Although a bit sad that this is the defintition of 'American fare' (plus donuts and pretzels).

Anywhoo... the room was decked out and they had a CNN feed so I was content. There was a lot of schmoozing by these second tier (my presumption) diplomats - none of whom I needed to schmooze so I dis work in the corner and watched it all. THe US Ambassador to Australia (I know - you were thinking it'd be the Ambassador to Chile?) spoke - he's from Georgia and it was cool to hear a Georgia accent again. Reminded me of the last time I talked to RYW on the phone - I miss that accent!!!




see how I captured the bald (sorry, balding with a combover) head right in front of me - that's so you can feel like you're right there with me!

2 Comments:

At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say that would have been a great opportunity to find an expat date but then I saw all the bald old white men.

 
At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS - try www.electoral-vote.com if you haven't already for a great recap

 

Post a Comment

<< Home