Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I found my heart in Noosa

A couple of weekends ago I did some travelling that wasn't for work! It was a novel experience - one I'd like to repeat!

I went up to Noosa (on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland) for the Noosa Triathlon festival - the largest triathlon in the southren hemisphere and the start of the racing season in Australia. It's an olympic distance (1K swim/40K bike/10K run) and it was the olympic distance debut of a bunch of novices from last year. I didn't compete because of my shoulder injury but went up as team mom - drove the Tarago and 5 nervous athletes around all weekend. I loved it!!!!

Here's me and Kate and Frances - the core of the A-Team - and my best mates in Canberra:


Transistion before:


Transition after (with about 4000 bikes!!!):


Frances with Emma Snowsill (Australian gold medalist in triathlon in Bejing - she's TINY and so impressive!):


We had heaps of fun and I'd love to tell you more, but what happens in Noosa...

My first tri of the season is in 2 weeks - 23 Nov - 400m swim/16K bike/4K run. Should be fun!

1 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! It's starting to get colder here and all the leaves are changing. Wish I had time to train for tris again. So much fun and great sense of accomplishment. Miss you friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home